How to Jazz Up a Plain Table
It’s not difficult to transform basic table into a classy and expensive looking one…
Going in for a new fancy table can actually set you back a pretty sum. Furniture can be frightfully expensive. So, if you are on a budget, buy the simplest of tables and turn them into stunning and classy works of art.
Here are a few ideas that won’t burn a hole in your wallet.
Decorate with coins
- Decorate your tables with old coins. If you have a copious amount of coins, this is a great way to use them up.
- Depending on the shape of the table, (in this case, rectangular or square) start sticking coins in a row (either diagonally or straight). Make sure not to leave spaces in between the coins. While this is quite laborious, the end product is certainly worth it.
- Continue sticking the coins in rows till you reach the end.
- Get some varnish or epoxy to apply over the entire length of the table. This gives it a glossy look and protects it.
- When done, leave to dry for a few days.
Metal table decorated with broken glass or tiles
Pieces of broken glass or tiles can be used to cover a table giving it an artistic look. The following steps will help you get this delightful project started.
- If you are not pleased with the color of the table, spray paint the desired color onto the table and let dry.
- Glue the pieces of glass or tile onto the table snuggly, leaving only small gaps. Use a strong glue to stick the tiles.
- Finally, spread tile grout on the entire table and scrape off the excess. Tile grout is used to fill in the gaps between glass or tile pieces and is available online and also at some hardware stores.
- Allow the grout to harden for at least one whole day after which you can wipe down the table with a damp cloth.
- The table is now ready to use!
Glass top table
- For this you will need a heavy good quality, colorless glass piece using the exact measurements of the surface of the table. You can get this customized glass from shops that specialize in making frame for mirrors and paintings.
- Use pressed flowers to decorate the surface of the table. You can choose whether you want to spread them randomly or in a particular way. You can also use cutouts from paper or pieces of fabric.
- Once you have glued your decoration onto the table, place the heavy glass on it.
- Now you have a delightful table that is unique!
Stencil patterns on tables
- Make a stencil large enough to carry the design you choose. Cut out the unwanted pieces to make your stencil.
- Once it is ready place it on the table you wish to stencil the design onto.
- Carefully, without moving the stencil, paint the design onto the table.
- Remove the stencil gently. Do this only half an hour after you have painted it.